If you are unable to keep your appointment, we require 24 hours notice. Cancellations with less than the required notice or no-shows will be charged in full. You can phone, text, or email (whichever is most convenient for you).
Nailed It! Nail Designs accepts payments made either by cash, debit, credit, or e-transfer.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
At Nailed It! Nail Designs (and by extension, L.A. Hairazors), I have put the following protocols in place for our COVID-19 Safety Plan in order to keep the safety of our staff and clients first in mind. Our plan has been developed with the compliance and direction of the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC’s recommendations.
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways (through droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, from touching contaminated surfaces before touching the face) and the risk of person-to-person transmission is increased the closer you come to other people, the amount of time your spend near them, and the number of people you come near. The risk of surface transmission is increased when many people contact the same surface, especially in short intervals of time.
Managing the Workplace
- We are limiting the occupancy of our salon to one client per staff member at any given time.
- We have rearranged our salon to provide physical distancing during services being performed.
- Magazines, booklets, brochures, and product testers have been removed from client areas.
- We have added a plexiglass barrier at our reception and barriers between stations to help enhance distancing. All barriers are included in our extended cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- We are limiting the handling of payment wherever possible by allowing our clients to handle the card readers themselves.
- We have COVID-19 protocols posted for both staff and clients in our salon as well as our website and social media. We also will be going over protocols with clients during the time of booking.
As of May 19, 2020, we have the following policies and procedures around clients entering our salon:
- At the time booking, ask if they have symptoms of COVID-19. If the client(s) is to develop symptoms or have a family member who is confirmed or suspected of COVID-19 to cancel and reschedule their appointment.
- Clients are to wait outside until their scheduled appointment time and arrive alone if possible (for example, no children, friends, or family accompaniment allowed). Consideration will be given with prior knowledge for disabled individuals and those who require accompaniment.
- For retail-only sales, clients are to arrange in advance and schedule a pick-up time to avoid overlapping of service clients.
- Large group bookings and walk-in appointments cannot be accommodated at this point in time. All appointments must be booked in advance to allow for disinfecting and cleaning protocols.
- Staff and clients are encouraged to avoid shaking hands or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Upon entering our salon, all clients must wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- All clients will be advised to leave all coats and sweaters in their vehicles.
Providing Personal Services
- All staff will wash their hands before and after each client, at the beginning and end of shift, after handling money or payment, coming into contact with public items, and after touching towels, gowns, equipment, and delivery items and will avoid touching the face (eyes, nose, and mouth) while providing services to clients.
- For services where physical distancing cannot be maintained or other control measures such as barriers cannot be used, masks will be worn to reduce the risk of transmission for both staff and client. At the time of booking, this will be communicated. If a client does not have a mask, one will be provided at a minimal cost.
- Services that are deemed “high risk” such as permanent make-up and facials, will be prohibited as these services require close contact where clients cannot wear masks.
- All staff will be wearing smocks or aprons to cover street clothing and will be removed and laundered at the end of each workday.
Tools and Equipment
- There will be minimal sharing of tools, equipment, and product (for example, shears, irons, nail clippers, etc.). All staff have their own set of tools required for services.
- Use of single-use items, such as table coverings and nail files, will be discarded after use.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfection
- Additional time between all appointments will be added to allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- The salon will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day, between clients, and at the end of the day.
- As always, all tools and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between each client.